Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Chocolate Margarita Recipes

Yesterday was my friend Ingrid's birthday. She's a huge fan of Margaritas, so in her honor, I thought I'd post two recipes for Chocolate Margaritas. As always use the best ingredients for the best flavor! Both recipes suggest chocolate rims. How about adding a little salt to the rim mixture? Salt will bring out the chocolate and make this a bit more similar (ok, not all that similar) to a traditional margarita.

I. CHOCOLATE MARGARITA
A simple recipe from Blenderking.com:  (Per serving)

Ingredients
1 1/2 ounces Tequila
1 ounce Godiva liquor
3/4 ounce cream or half & half
1 Tbsp Hershey’s syrup
2 ounces orange juice
Ice

Directions
Shaker, not blender: Throw the ingredients into your shaker for a few quick shakes and pour into a margarita glass with crushed oreos lining the rim! Enjoy!

II. CHOCOLATE MARGARITA
And, from Marcela Valladolid at Foodnetwork.com. This recipe is for a crowd:

To rim the glasses:
Chocolate syrup
Finely chopped Mexican or bittersweet chocolate

Margarita:
1/2 cup chocolate syrup
1 cup (8 ounces) tequila
1/2 cup (4 ounces) chocolate liqueur
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup orange liqueur
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Ice

Directions

To rim the glasses: Put the syrup and chopped chocolate into 2 small dishes. Moisten the rims of 4 margarita or martini glasses with the chocolate syrup. Dip them in the Mexican chocolate until coated. Set aside.

Margarita: Combine all of the ingredients, except ice, in a pitcher. Working in batches, transfer the mixture to a shaker full of ice. Shake and pour into the prepared glasses. Serve cold.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, INGRID!

1 comment:

~~louise~~ said...

Happy birthday to your friend, Janet! I'm not to sure about these Chocolate Margarita's. I just can't get myself to enjoy chocolate and orange together. I know...it's the "thing."

When I was posting that Green Tomato Chocolate Cake, I just couldn't help but think of you. If you bake it Janet, please let me know. I have a feeling you might get to it before I do:) Thanks for sharing, Janet...