Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2015

National Ice Cream Day: Ice Cream Sandwiches

Photo: Pepperidge Farm
Today is National Ice Cream Day, and what a beautiful hot day to celebrate! It's rare we have heat in the Bay Area, so this is perfect. I picked up some Three Twins Bittersweet Chocolate yesterday, so today to celebrate I'm going to make Ice Cream Sandwiches. I'll use Pepperidge Farm Cookies. They're the perfect size! I can't decide if I'm going to use Sausalito Milk Chocolate Macadamia, Nantucket Dark Chocolate Chip or Montauk Soft Baked Milk Chocolate Chip. Maybe a mix of different ones?

Just select the cookie of your choice as the base, layer on softened chocolate ice cream, put a cookie on top, roll in sprinkles or chocolate chips, and you're good to go!

1 comment:

vallery said...

We celebrated yesterday. We had ice cream sandwiches at Cream, the new store next to the new Safeway on College. they were delicious. the ice cream is between two freshly baked cookies of your choice.